Black Friday starts November 24, 2023. This website will tell you how many days until it starts.
Black Friday FAQ
1. What is Black Friday? Black Friday is an annual shopping event that originated in the United States. It takes place on the Friday following Thanksgiving Day, which falls on the fourth Thursday of November. Black Friday is known for its massive sales, discounts, and special deals offered by retailers both online and in physical stores.
2. When is Black Friday? Black Friday always falls on the day after Thanksgiving, which means its date varies each year. It typically falls between November 23rd and 29th.
3. Why is it called Black Friday? The term "Black Friday" was initially used in the 1960s to describe the heavy and disruptive pedestrian and vehicle traffic that occurred the day after Thanksgiving. In the context of retail, it's said to mark the point at which retailers begin to turn a profit, or move from being "in the red" (losses) to being "in the black" (profitable) due to the increased holiday shopping.
4. Are Black Friday deals only available in physical stores? No, Black Friday deals are available both in physical retail stores and online. In recent years, online Black Friday sales have become increasingly popular, and many retailers offer exclusive online deals and discounts.
5. What items are typically on sale on Black Friday? A wide range of items are typically on sale during Black Friday, including electronics (TVs, smartphones, laptops), home appliances, clothing, toys, beauty products, furniture, and more. Retailers often use this time to clear out older inventory and offer discounts on high-demand products.
6. Are Black Friday deals genuine, or are prices inflated before the event? While some retailers might engage in unethical practices like inflating prices before Black Friday to make discounts seem more significant, this is not true for all retailers. It's essential to do your research, compare prices, and be cautious of deals that seem too good to be true.
7. How can I find the best Black Friday deals? To find the best deals, start by researching the items you're interested in before Black Friday. Compare prices across different retailers and make a list of products you want to purchase. Sign up for newsletters from your favorite stores to receive early notifications of deals. Additionally, many websites and apps aggregate Black Friday deals from various retailers, making it easier to find discounts.
8. Should I shop online or in physical stores on Black Friday? The choice between online and in-store shopping depends on your preferences and the deals you're looking for. Online shopping offers convenience and the ability to compare prices easily, while in-store shopping provides the excitement of the traditional Black Friday experience. Keep in mind that both options might have their own pros and cons, such as shipping times for online orders or potential crowds in physical stores.
9. Are Black Friday deals available internationally? Black Friday's popularity has spread beyond the United States, and many countries around the world now participate in the event. However, the specific deals and discounts offered may vary from country to country.
10. Do I need to camp outside stores to get the best deals? Camping outside stores for Black Friday deals used to be more common, but it's becoming less necessary due to the rise of online shopping and extended sale periods. While there might still be limited-quantity "doorbuster" deals in physical stores, many retailers offer their deals both online and in-store for an extended period, reducing the need for camping out.
Remember that while Black Friday can offer great savings, responsible shopping and budgeting are crucial to avoid overspending.